Monday, March 2, 2009

Listening as Fast as I can

So I haven't blogged in awhile; I'm a bit shy about blogging, because I always wonder who really wants to hear what I'm thinking. But also, because I am 99% sure that this first internship isn't for me and I am wondering how to extricate myself from it.

The initial problems were that there was no office to speak of--an empty classroom with florescent lighting and no accessible bathroom. The 1 1/2 hour commute didn't quite seem worth it. And then there's the question of what I do. I should be able to help with press stuff, but I have discovered that I am incapable of writing a press release because I've been too long on the other side of them.

And then there's the heart of the matter--there is a steep learning curve with all this technology stuff. I go to meetings, seminars and I have to focus really hard to make sure I can follow. Trying to write down every term I don't know (and there are many) so I can go home and see if I can figure out what everyone is talking about

No comments: